Membership benefits of joining UK9 Dog Sports Club
-Available to all members ( Basic, Standard and Enhanced membership subscriptions)
- Priority access to UK9 events, races and training camps at a reduced participation fee.
-Discount on UK9 Merchandise and team kit.
-Access to Club training sessions exclusive to members.
-Access to member's only content
-Discounts on sled dog equipment from retailers
-Membership card, proof of membership and insurance and membership confirmation documentation - Insurance is a benefit for Standard and enhanced members only. (Insurance included with standard membership is for within the United Kingdom only, Enhanced membership subscription includes European cover) Please refer to the terms below for further details of insurance.
Terms And Conditions
All Paid members will be covered by our club insurance and indemnified up to £5.000.000 for liability at law to compensate Third Parties for accidental bodily injury or accidental property damage caused whilst training in accordance with UK9 Dog Sports guidelines and competing with race organisations in the United Kingdom only, £400 excess (European cover is available to enhanced subscription members only)
Sums which you become legally liable to pay as damages and claimants costs and expenses arising out of accidental Injury to any person or animal or loss of or damage to Property. Legal costs and expenses incurred in defence of any claims or for representation at any coroners inquest or inquiry in respect of any death which may be the subject of indemnity under Sections one, two or three Cover is limited to accidental Injury, loss or damage directly resulting from any of the following activities: Bikjor, Canicross, Scooter, 3/4 wheel Rig, Sled & Skijor
1) Damage to property or buildings whilst you are undertaking an event & Training whilst you are responsible for dogs approved by us
2) The actions of any member or handler or any dog belonging to a member or handler at an event or training (including to another member)
3) Any incident while a member or handler of the club is engaged in racing and training activities
Dogs must be kept under physical restraint (if not, adequately tethered or confined) and under the control of a competent handler at all times.
The policy excludes liability arising from:-
- Failure to abide by our policies, rules and guidelines
- Failure to use protective headgear
- Training or racing of dogs on Public Highways
- Liability arising from dogs defined as Dangerous under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 or subsequent legislation.
The use of a quad is not covered under this policy, Protective headgear must be used for all disciplines excluding canicross, all reasonable precautions should be taken to prevent a foreseeable risk of harm.
Surfaces and tempratures must be suitable for dog training, we advise training in tempertaure’s below 16 degrees and no tarmac surfaces.
The above terms may be subject to change and will be notified to the Members immediately, as a matter of urgency.
Please read all UK9's policies, terms and conditions & codes of conduct before taking out our membership
*Basic membership subscriptions do not benefit from liability insurance